Activities Coordinator needed for upscale Assisted Living community specializing in caring for those with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia located in Redwood City, CA. We are the local leader in service, resources, and staffing with excellent benefits and compensation. The Activities Coordinator shall assist the Memory Care Director and Memory Care Supervisor with the development and delivery of an ongoing program of activities.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Assists in the planning, development, and implementation of activities which are specifically designed to enrich the lives of our residents. Assists with development of the monthly calendars.
- Leads one on one and small, medium, and large group activities. Prepares rooms, equipment, and supplies prior to activity and cleans up after. Encourages resident and family participation in activities. Transports residents to and from activities as needed.
- Assists the Memory Care Director and Memory Care Supervisor in evaluating a) effectiveness of activities programs, b) individual needs, and c) participation levels of each resident.
- Attends training courses and participates in other professional development activities as required.
Knowledge and Skill :
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages, including people living with dementia, while maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Experience in a similar position in retirement living, nursing homes, or adult day care is preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Music or Recreational Therapy Degree is strongly desired.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver license.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- activity planning for seniors: 1 year
Required work authorization:
- United States