The Business Office Manager is responsible for the accounting and administrative HR duties of the community and for overseeing the performance of the community concierge staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages the accounts receivable process including monitoring of move in and move out activity, posting of charges into billing system, sending out monthly bills, and posting and depositing resident payments. Ensures timely collection activities, through follow-up inquiries, solving payment discrepancies. Reports delinquent accounts to the Executive Director, and negotiates with past due accounts.
2. Maintains confidentially of all resident information. Adheres to accounting practices to ensure that resident funds are maintained in accordance with current federal and state regulations and guidelines.
3. Manages the accounts payables process including creating 1099s for new vendors, monitoring service agreements, timely batching of vendor and service provider invoices and expense vouchers for payment and filing of invoices and paperwork. Reconciles P Card receipts daily.
4. Manages the process for ensuring financial objectives are regularly communicated to all departments. Ensures that department directors properly code invoices for payment and are managing effectively against “spend down” goals.
5. Assists company Controller in preparing monthly financial operating statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, capital expense summaries, and other financial reports. Assists Executive Director in development of budgets and forecasts, analysis of variance payroll and expenses to budget, and monitoring of capital expenditure expenses.
6. Manages the administrative aspects of the employment application, interviewing, and hiring processes. Ensures pre-employment reference checks, health screens, criminal background checks and drug screens are ordered and completed. Establishes and maintains employment files in accordance with community and regulatory requirements.
7. Administers the process of ensuring that required training is assigned to team members, training is completed, and records of training are maintained in employment files.
8. Administers all HR generalist activities including serving as initial point of contact for all HR related matters and assisting Executive Director in resolving employee relations issues. Manages benefits programs and workers compensation claims reporting, and ensures regulatory and legal compliance with record keeping and posting of notices.
9. Processes staff payroll and maintains accurate payroll records. Duties include entering team members into the payroll system, adjusting payroll information as needed, monitoring time punches, processing payroll hours and dollars into the payroll system, and distribution of payroll checks.
10. Maintains office equipment including computers, WiFi, postage machines and copiers.
11. Interviews, makes hiring recommendations, trains, orients, supervises, evaluates the performance of Concierge personnel. Sets departmental priorities and makes job assignments. Keeps team members informed of changes that affect them.
12. Attends training courses and participates in other professional development activities as required.
Knowledge and Skill:
1. Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
2. Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
3. Strong time management and organizational skills.
4. Must possess analytical skills and be able to effectively handle multiple projects concurrently.
5. Must demonstrate effective negotiation techniques.
6. Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Practices and local, state, and federal tax laws.
7. Knowledge of state and federal labor and employment practices requirements.
8. Must have excellent computer skills including; Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Property Management Systems.
1. Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages and abilities, displaying consideration of their rights and sensitivities, while maintaining an energetic, positive attitude.
2. Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
3. Must maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance and follow the dress code as outlined in the employee handbook.
4. Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
5. Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks.
6. Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
7. Must be cleared in a criminal background check administered in the state of Virginia.
8. Minimum of 3 years in financial management position(s), with preferable retirement living or home-care background.
9. Knowledge on HR generalist functions. Experience in managing HR generalist functions in preferred.
10. High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
1. Requires ability to stand and walk short and long distances for extended periods of time.
2. Must be able to lift and/or carry objects in excess of 25 pounds.
3. Requires reaching above, below, and at shoulder length.
4. Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations.