The Concierge is responsible for greeting all visitors, managing day to day communications on a variety of fronts, and assisting the Business Office Manager with administrative functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Greets visitors to the community in a prompt and gracious manner. Determine the purpose of the visit, contacts the appropriate party, and makes the visitor comfortable while they wait.
Answers and directs all incoming phone calls to the appropriate person and/or take and distribute messages promptly and accurately.
Manages incoming and outbound mail. Accepts and logs packages, notifies recipients of package receipt, assists residents and team members with outbound packages/ express mail, assists with mail/ shipping tracking if needed, and assists residents with copies and fax transmissions.
Accepts and communicates transportation requests and follow up to ensure that they are fulfilled.
Gains thorough knowledge of emergency procedures and alarm systems and acts as the point of contact throughout emergency situations until relieved of this duty.
Accepts, documents, and distributes work requests from residents and team members and follows up to ensure they are responded to in a timely manner.
Maintains contact information for residents, team members, local attractions, and emergency organizations in an organized manner. Maintains resident “out of town” list.
Maintains accurate key logs as required for housekeeping, maintenance, and vehicles.
Assists the Business Office Manager with administrative tasks as assigned. Tasks could include, but is not limited, to assisting applicants with completion of job applications, coding of invoices, filing, entering information into the Property Management Systems and payroll systems, and monitoring operations of key office equipment.
Attends training courses and participates in other professional development activities as required.
Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment or neglect as outlined in Personnel Policies.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must have excellent computer skills, including; Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Property Management Systems.
- Ability to efficiently operate all functions of the property telephone system
- Thorough understanding of various alarm systems used in the community.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
- Clear, pleasant telephone voice.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- High school diploma required. College education strongly preferred.
- Ability to handle stressful situations while maintaining a calm, efficient demeanor.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be criminally cleared by DOJ and FBI via the Live-Scan process prior to initial presence in the facility.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Requires ability to stand and walk short and long distances for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry objects in excess of 25 pounds.
- Requires reaching above, below, and at shoulder length.
- Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations.