Finding inner peace and harmony amongst the chaos can sometimes feel like a daunting task.
Here are some tools to add to your arsenal that will help you to reset, refocus, and get your calm on.
We can’t say enough about the power of deep breathing. Here are a few simple deep breathing exercises that can go a long way in reducing stress levels and anxiety.
The benefits of yoga are endless. Try these great beginner-friendly poses that will have you feeling relaxed in no time!
Sounds so simple, doesn’t it? But the benefits of walking are endless! Here is a great 10-minute walking routine for those moments when you feel overwhelmed.
The mental health benefits of meditation include improved self-awareness, self-esteem, lower levels of stress and anxiety, and focus and concentration. Click here for a quick 10-minute guided meditation.
Maintaining balance in your life is essential, not only to help you to be your best self for those that you care about, but also to boost productivity, creativity, and confidence for yourself. Below are some tips to help you get started on your journey to create balance in your life… and to do it with success.
- Have a routine. This is not always easy, but creating a routine during the first hour of your day will help you focus, reset, and take control of whatever the day brings you.
- Wait at least one half-hour before you check your digital devices. Without even realizing it, the desire to react when we pick up our phones is almost immediate. In turn, our stress levels rise, without even getting out of bed first. Whenever possible, ease into the morning – at least until after you brush your teeth.
- Practice gratitude first thing in the morning. Before you feet hit the floor, think about something you are thankful for. This mental exercise can go a long way throughout your day.
- Stretch. Get out of bed, stand up, and stretch!
- Drink a glass of water. Our bodies become dehydrated overnight. You will be surprised how much drinking one glass of water in the morning will help you to feel rejuvenated.